With Memorial Day just around the corner, I know a lot of you are looking forward to your three-day weekend and the unofficial start of summer. For many, this means trips to the beach, pool, lake, mountains, etc., and therefore a start to summer reading. So let me tell you why you should pick my book, Aureole, to be on that list. (Hey, I’m an author before I’m a blogger, and this is my blog, so if I want to advertise myself I can.)
Trust me, I get it – Aureole sounds like a good book to read, but you really don’t know if you want to spend money on it, right? Well, I’m going to give you 10 reasons (in no particular order) why you should buy it.
1. It’s engaging, so you’ll want to keep reading. Aka, not a waste of money.
2. The ending is “tidy,” so you won’t hate me for leaving you wondering how the conflicts end.
3. If you like Jane Austen, you’ll like it, because it’s based on Mansfield Park. (Oh, and one reviewer said you might even like it more … just saying.)
4. It’s reader friendly, while still being thought provoking. It makes you think without being difficult to read.
5. There’s character growth. Especially in the main character (Jess).
6. You should read this if you like young adult fiction that “follows the life of the protagonist, rather than just one event.”(PS – see number 10 if you’re not crazy about reading YA fiction.)
7. You should also read this if you want to see “the grittier side of the rich classes and their ‘generosity.'”
8. The Kindle version is just $4.99 (come on, you can’t pay 5 bucks for everything mentioned in #1-7?). And the Nook version is just $6.99 (again, 7 bucks well spent).
9. I used fashion and clothes to demonstrate character differences and development. In some scenes, you’ll be reminded of Gossip Girl. (PS – it’s set in NYC).
10. It’s not quite young adult (it doesn’t fit all of the criteria) but not quite typical literary fiction, which I know fits for a lot of my blog followers.
Bonus #11: You like me and I’m not half bad.
(Note: all quotations are from customer reviews found on Amazon)
But seriously, these are all reasons for you to buy Aureole. So why haven’t you yet?