When you think you have the stomach flu and then your doctor tells you go to to the ER and end up hospitalized for several days … autoimmune disease life is great, let me tell you. So yes, today is my birthday and I’m spending it in the hospital. But anyway, since it is my 26th birthday, I thought I would share 26 things about me so you can get to know me better.
1. I grew up in Maine, went to college in Tennessee, lived there for a year, and then moved to Boston.
2. I’ve been writing since forever; the earliest I can remember is when I was 6.
3. I played violin, viola, and flute in middle and high school.
4. I had to stop because of my arthritis, so I joined choir in college.
5. I met some of my best friends from college in choir. We have a saying – come for the music, stay for the people.
6. I used to ski in middle and high school, but even if my arthritis hadn’t stopped that, my fear of heights meant I never really went to more advanced routes!
7. I wrote the first draft of Aureole when I was in high school and finished it my junior year of college.
8. I doubled majored in secondary education and English when I was in college.
9. I’m currently getting my MA in English literature (1 more semester left!).
10. My favorite flowers are tulips.
11. I generally prefer action movies to other genres.
12. Crime shows are my favorite genre of TV.
13. My favorite genre of books is historical fiction.
14. I spent a month in London in a mini-study abroad experience and I loved it. I wish I could have done a full semester!
15. I have had 5 joint surgeries and am about to have my 6th.
16. I have been writing TLM since I finished Aureole, aka since July 2012.
17. I tend to like literature either written or set before 1600.
18. Most books I read are over 500 pages.
19. I’ve visited 8 countries: Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, England, France, Spain, Denmark, and Sweden.
20. I’m Catholic.
21. I would love to write a fantasy book.
22. I would rather write a well-loved book than an award-winning one (as long as it was still good quality).
23. I love football and baseball but don’t really care about basketball.
24. I listen to country and pop music more than other genres.
25. Yoga and walking my dog are my preferred forms of exercise.
26. Big Brother is my guilty pleasure.