While it’s good to make the most of a day by doing activities that bring you closer to achieving your financial goals and activities that help establish good relationships with others, it’s also important to spend some time taking care of yourself. If you don’t spend time in self-care, you’ll soon be dealing with physical and mental exhaustion. Worse, you could acquire a terrible illness.
What are some self-care activities or habits you can do each day? Highlighted below are some options you can choose from. These activities do not require a lot of time and money to do.
Thank you to Rey Carlos Rosales for this guest post!
Self-Care Ideas for Your Mind
- Document or compile the amazing things people have said about you for future reading.
- Do something in your to-do list that has been there for a very long time.
- Temporarily change how you make decisions. Use your heart if you often decide with your head. Use your head if you often make decisions with your heart.
- Go watch cloud formations up in the sky.
- Take a different route to your workplace. Mixing your routine up in tiny ways creates neural pathways that help keep your brain healthy.
- Be fully attentive to something you often do automatically, like driving, brushing your teeth, eating, or your normal morning routine.
- Goof around a little. Do something that does not serve any purpose in particular several times a day to relax your mind.
- Make a small part of your life a routine by doing it the same way every day. Some small things you can turn into a routine include your outfit of choice on Tuesdays or flossing before brushing your teeth.
- Fix minor home annoyances that have been bothering you for some time now—that lost button, that stuck drawer, and that malfunctioning light bulb.
- Do something you just want to do today.
- Free yourself from having to constantly check social media and/or your email for an hour by switching your devices off.
- End the day with meditation. Spend a minute fully aware of your feelings, sensations, and thoughts; a minute focused on your breathing; and a minute of full awareness of your body.
Simple Acts of Self-Care Click To Tweet
Self-Care Ideas for Your Body
- Breathe deeply three times. Breathe into the abdomen, then let air puff out of the chest and stomach.
- Play your favourite song on a music player and start dancing!
- In the office, head to the bathroom and stretch your body.
- Go outside and walk or run. Alternatively, you can ascend and descend the stairs.
- Eat a fruit or vegetable salad.
- Soothe yourself by stroking your own arm or moisturising your skin with lotion.
- For one day, wear something that feels comfortable on your skin.
- Sit somewhere grassy, like a park, and spend a few minutes of quiet contemplation there.
- Inhale a scent that can make you feel alive. One of the best scents to inhale is peppermint, which can suppress food cravings and helps improve your mood.
- Read something funny like a comic strip. You can also watch something funny like videos of cats playing.
- Take a nap. Even a twenty-minute nap can give you another burst of energy you can use to do physically-demanding household chores.
- Try a new hairstyle, making sure to follow the instructions posted on hair care websites.
There are three reasons to spend time doing self-care activities. Aside from minimising the likelihood of experiencing mental and physical exhaustion, self-care also helps you feel more connected with yourself and your surroundings and allows you to fully appreciate the small pleasures life offers from time to time. So what are you waiting for? Start making adjustments to your schedule right now so you can do any of the things mentioned above.
Rey Carlos Rosales is a published author and content marketing specialist for Human Hair Extension Online. When not writing, he watches movies and checks out coffee shops in his hometown with a date.
Like this post? Check out: