Oh wow. April was SUCH a tough month for me. Last week, I had another ER trip from another ovarian cyst and a possible infection. With inflammatory arthritis and fibromyalgia, everything hurts more than it should. My immune system goes into attack mode when something bad happens like twisting an ankle, so you can imagine what it does when a cyst ruptures. So again, 2 ER trips with lots of cysts rupturing over the course of several weeks. Why am I talking about this, other than this is my blog? It massively affected my blogging this month. I accidentally went 2 weeks without blogging earlier, and then I was MIA after this past Wednesday. In April, I posted 8 times, compared to 11 in March. Plus, I didn’t do all of the promotion I usually do. With that said, let’s turn to the blog traffic.
Unique Pageviews: 12,718 (+236% from the start, -5.1% from March)
Bounce Rate: 8.52% (+10.2% from the start, +40.8% from March)
Sessions: 6,820 (+142% from the start, +12.5% from March)
Users: 5,049 (+162% from the start, +13% from March)
Bloglovin: 1,683 (+25% from the start, -0.06% from March)
Email Subscribers: 147 (+8.9% from March)
Facebook: 824 (+37% from the start, -0.3% from March)
Twitter: 2,448 (+58% from the start, +3.3% from March)
Instagram: 1,262 (+214.7% from the start, 4%from March)
Google+: 175 (+1.08% from the start, +2.3% from March)
Pinterest: 2,496 (+172.7% from the start, +10.8% from March)
Tumblr: 3,545 (+0.2% from March)
- Chronic Pain and Loving Someone with It
- Accepting Your Body with Chronic Illness
- A Weekend in Boston
- Gift Ideas for Dad or Anyone
- Blog Post Ideas for Every Week of 2016
- Etsy Giveaway + What Happened Recently (sorry, folks, the giveaway has ended!)
- How To Pack for a Summer Trip
- 40 Blog Post Ideas for Lifestyle Bloggers
- We Need To Talk About Ableism
- March Blog Traffic Report
What I Did:
- How I promote my blog posts, including ads I purchased, how frequently I share my posts, and at what times. Like I said at the beginning of this post, I was unable to do as much promotion for my posts as I normally do because of my health issues
- Wrote a couple of posts that got a lot of people talking – We Need To Talk About Ableism and Not All Disabilities are Visible
- Participated in multiple giveaways
- Multiple guest posts
- The posts I wrote – Remember, you can promote the hell out of your blog, but unless you have incredible content, who cares?
- I had a couple things that really helped this month when I was out of commission: my previously scheduled blog post promotions (as you see in my post about it) and using the WordPress PlugIn Revive Old Post
I Haven’t Seen Results From:
- Basically, the blog breaks and the health issues played a major factor in my blog traffic this month. It’s a bummer, but it is what it is.
What I Can Learn from These Statistics:
- Do you know what’s really frustrating? A week or so ago, I had over 15,000 monthly page views, but the month ended with barely 14,000. Like, come on. That’s so frustrating. If I had just been able to post on Friday and had all the social media promotions that go along with that, I might have been able to make it happen.
- The blog posts that were most popular show that my readers (all of you!) liked my posts about chronic health issues and blogging the most this months.
- 15,000 monthly page views – I was there before my ER trip last week. Seriously. I’m SO frustrated about this.
- 8,000 sessions – I wasn’t there, but I was getting close last week (7500) before the ER. I’m getting there!
Plans and Goals for May:
- 15,000 monthly page views. I WILL achieve this!
- 8,000 sessions