Another month, another blog traffic report. Here are the statistics for traffic and social media, as well as my top posts from the month, what I did to increase my traffic, and whether or not it worked.
Unique Pageviews: 10,678 (+16% from July, +182% from the beginning)
Bounce Rate: 30.23% (+345% from July, -64% from the beginning)
Sessions: 7,864 (-67% from July, +179% from the beginning)
Users: 4,910 (+2.8% from July, +155% from the beginning)
Bloglovin: 1,711 (+0.2% from July, +27% from the beginning)
Email Subscribers: 198 (+5.8% from July, started at 0)
Facebook: 865 (+0.58% from July, +44% from the beginning)
Twitter: 2,550 (+1.75% from July, +65% from the beginning)
Instagram: 1,340 (+0.45% from July, from the beginning)
Google+: 191 (+4.95% from July, +224% from the beginning)
Pinterest: 3,381 (+7.78% from July, +269% from the beginning)
Tumblr: 3,615 (+0.22% from July, +6.9% from the beginning)
- Loving Someone with Chronic Pain
- Accepting Your Body with Chronic Illness
- 40 Blog Post Ideas
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Dad or Anyone
- Blog Post Ideas for Every Week of 2016
- Need Grammar Help?
- Weekend Trip to Boston
- How To Pack for a Summer Trip
- Writing a Novel? My Creative Process
- My Modern Preppy Style
What I Did:
- How I promote my blog posts
- Made some tweaks to the theme so it’s easier to use and doesn’t take as long to load
- Planned out all posts for the month
- Found SEO keywords for as many posts as it would be natural for
- Switched to a business profile for Instagram
- Discovered that some of my scheduled Pinterest posts haven’t been going through, so I’m trying to get that figured out
- Changed my Instagram hashtag system so I’m using hashtags that better fit each post. I have 9 different notes on my phone with a different set of hashtags for several different types of photos for easy copying and pasting to up my Instagram engagement.
I Haven’t Seen Results From:
- Changing the hashtag system
- Changing to an Instagram business account
What I Can Learn from This:
- Making the blog easier to load, read, and find information on has made a huge difference!
Goals for August:
- Keep blog traffic steady or increasing – Success! Pageviews increased by 16% this month.
- Write at least 10 posts – Also success! I ended up writing 12 posts and having 1 guest post.
Goals for September:
- Engage on Instagram at least 3 days a week for at least 10 minutes each – I would aim for most of the week, but between my job and the semester starting it’s not feasible.
- Post at least 9 times – According to my usual schedule (M/W/F, T/TH on holiday weekends), I should publish 12 posts. But with the amount of time I put into posts, the amount of work I have in my program, and the lack of reliability of my health, it’s naive to think that I’ll definitely be able to get 12 posts up.
- Maintain blog pageviews above 9,000 – As long as I continue promoting my blog posts as I usually do and publish at least 9 times, this should be very easy!