Happy 2016! We’re starting off the year with a blog traffic report and I’m excited to see where this here blog goes in the new year. Without further ado, let’s try to answer the important question: Did my blog traffic increase in December?
Current Stats (January 1)
Unique Pageviews: 4,444 ( +17% from the start, -1.3% from November)
Bounce Rate: 85.58% ( +2.8% from the start, +3% from November)
Sessions: 3,377 ( +20.1% from the start, +6% from November)
Users: 2,960 ( +53.8% from the start, +13% from November)
Bloglovin: 1566 (+16.3% from the start, +0.6% from November)
Email Subscribers: 85 (started with 0, +13% from November)
Facebook: 770 (+28% from the start, +3% from November)
Twitter: 1998 (+29% from the start, +4.7% from November)
Instagram: 1000 (+249% from the start, +2.8% from November)
Google+: 154 (+83% from the start, +13.2% from November)
Pinterest: 1901 (+208% from the start, +2.7% from November)
Tumblr: 3451 (+.99% from November)
- Blog Post Ideas for 2016
- Take Better Notes on Your Readings
- 40 Blog Post Ideas
- The 5 Books That Changed My Life
- 40 Blog Post Ideas for Lifestyle Bloggers
- How To Cheer Up a Friend Who’s Feeling Down
- Christmas Recap + Smashbox Palette Giveaway
- November Blog Traffic Report
- What To Wear on Christmas Eve
- Gift Guide: Gifts That Benefit Charities
What I Did:
- How I Promote My Blog Posts – I need to do an updated version because I’ve started promoting more often!
- Quit Your Job To Blog course (I don’t share the things I learn from this course because that’s not fair to Helene)
- Added a plugin to check for broken links
- Changed writing category name to Writing & Blogging
- Fewer posts this month due to finals (14 posts in November, 10 in December)
- Blog post ideas post (those are always popular)
- Scheduled promotions through the holiday so blog traffic wouldn’t drop off
- Gift guides
- How I promote my blog posts and adding more promotions to my day
- Things I did from Quit Your Job To Blog
- Blog post ideas post – Blog Post Ideas for 2016 (a post for every week of the new year) was VERY popular! Woohoo!
- Scheduled promotions through my mini-vacation over Christmas worked wonderfully; I was able to enjoy the holiday and not worry about my views
I Haven’t Seen Results From:
- Changing the name of the writing category – At least now people know that my blogging posts are under there, right?
- Broken link checker
- 1,000 Instagram followers – YES! I did it! Thank you to my sister and her boyfriend for texting their friends and family and telling them to follow me because I was 5 followers away from 1k and wanted to start off the new year with 1k.
- 2,000 Twitter followers – So. freaking. close. Hopefully next month?
- 5,000 monthly pageviews – Mm not quite, but I’m getting there!
- Decrease bounce rate – This didn’t change, but a got a lot of blog traffic this month from Pinterest and StumbleUpon, so I’m not surprised.
Plans and Goals:
- 5,000 monthly pageviews
- 2,000 Twitter followers
- Decrease bounce rate
- Maintain social media followers