I don’t know about you, but February was SUCH a long month for me, despite it actually being the shortest month. I’m glad it’s over and that we’re moving towards spring, even if the snowstorm we got in Boston over the weekend didn’t get that message. But let’s talk blog traffic.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Kate the (Almost) Great!
Google Analytics Statistics
Pageviews: 9856 (-46% from January, +4.39% from last year)
Bounce Rate: 30.92% (+64% from January, +121.7% from last year)
Sessions: 4673 (-47% from January, +9.8% from last year)
Users: 4183 (-48% from January, +21.6% from last year)
Bloglovin: 1864 (+0.1% from January, +3.2% from last year)
Email Subscribers: 645 (+5.3% from January, +78.6% from last year)
Pageviews: 65193 (-78% from January)
Sessions: 30454 (+19.77% from January)
Users: 1354 (-81% from January)
Facebook: 1049 (+0.6% from January, +3.65% from last year)
Twitter: 3331 (+0.27% from January, +4.1% from last year)
Instagram: 2586 (+0.66% from January, -3% from last year)
Pinterest: 7737 (+2.77% from January, +35% from last year)
Tumblr: 3913 (+0% from January, +1.7% from last year)
- Pinterest (71.14%): I work really hard for my blog posts to do well on Pinterest, so I’m glad to see I get so much traffic from it. You really need to treat Pinterest like the search engine it is!
- Facebook (4.92%): Given that Facebook was the Big Thing I focused on in February, I’m glad to see that this percentage increased, but I would have preferred it to bring in a bit more traffic. (But tweaking my Facebook strategy did bring me more social followers.)
- Search Engines (4.76%): This is the highest this has been in a few months! I don’t entirely know why but I’m not going to question it.
This does not include direct traffic.
What I Did
- How I promote my blog posts
- Big Thing: updated my Facebook strategy
- Left groups that weren’t helping me or were mostly filled with spam. Most of these groups weren’t like that when I joined them, but if they’re not monitored, they turn into that. They were clogging up my Facebook feed, in addition to not helping my traffic, so I left them.
- Joined more groups, focusing on those that have daily threads to encourage promotion and interaction
- Made sure to participate in groups every day. I hadn’t been doing this, but I wanted to try it to see if it would help me. It definitely did!
- Joined more Tailwind Tribes
- Promoted a pin
- Nominated for Most Inspiring InfluenceHer of the Year in the InfluenceHer Awards
- Featured on the awards page with links to some of my posts and my Instagram
- Several of my blog friends featured me on their Instagram stories, sharing my account with their followers
- Started sending my weekly newsletter on Monday nights instead of Sunday nights
I Haven’t Seen Results From
- Promoting a pin
What I Can Learn This Month
- Some Facebook groups are better than others – The ones I joined and stayed in definitely helped grow my social media and sent me blog traffic. But if a group isn’t working for you, don’t hesitate to leave it! There are so many out there that it’s worth being picky about the ones you’re in.
- Mondays are way better for my newsletter than Sundays – Holy moly! The percentage of people who opened my newsletters grew, as did the percentage of people who clicked the links in it. Definitely switching to Monday nights!
- 15,000 pageviews in Google Analytics – Nope. Not shocked, because January was an extraordinary month, but definitely disappointed.
- 5,000 users – Nope.
- 6-10 posts – Success!
- Improve pageviews
- 5,000 users
- 6-10 posts
How was your blog traffic in February?
Like this post? Check out: