Amazingly, it is already June, which means that it’s time for the May blog traffic report. I’m pretty pleased with my analytics from May, so read below to see how to get more traffic to your website or blog.
This post contains affiliate links.
How To Get More Blog Traffic to Your Website: May Blog Traffic Report
Google Analytics Statistics
Pageviews: 11645 (+14.11% from April, -19% from last year)
Bounce Rate: 15.78% (-49% from April, +12.23% from last year)
Sessions: 5493 (+11.8% from April, -12% from last year)
Users: 4757 (+9.2% from April, -12% from last year)
Bloglovin: 1792 (+0.05% from April, -3% from last year)
Email Subscribers: 669 (-0.2% from April, +48.67% from last year)
Pageviews: 102,055 (+146.67% from April)
Sessions: 28,215 (+32.86% from April)
Users: 2,193 (+156.49% from April)
Facebook: 1063 (+0.18% from April, +4.6% from last year)
Twitter: 3484 (+3.1% from April, +6.21% from last year)
Instagram: 2599 (-0.5% from April, -3% from last year)
Pinterest: 8288 (+2.09% from April, +36.99% from last year)
Tumblr: 3915 (-0.2% from April, +1.24% from last year)
- Chronically Ill Tips: What To Do When a Doctor Isn’t Listening to You
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Received My Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosis
- POTS and Heat Intolerance
- What Does Endometriosis Feel Like?
- Loving Someone with Chronic Pain
- Beginner’s Guide: Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis
- My Biggest Fear Realized
- Fun Things To Do in Boston: A 3-Day Guide
- Accepting Your Body with Chronic Illness
- What To Do in Boston This Summer
Top Sources of Traffic
- Pinterest (74.1%) – Woohoo! I love how much traffic I get from Pinterest; it makes me feel like all the work I put into Pinterest is worth it. I strongly recommend treating Pinterest like the search engine it is and preparing my blog posts for search engines, including Pinterest.
- Search engines (7.53%) – Like I just mentioned, I treat Pinterest like a search engine. And I prepare my blog posts for search engines!
- Facebook (4.45%) – I’m a member of many blogging Facebook groups, so I’m glad to see that this is my 3rd biggest source of traffic.
This does not include direct blog traffic
How To Get More Traffic to Your Website: May Blog Traffic Analysis
What I Did
- How I promote my blog posts
- Big Thing in May: updating pages
- Tried to fix my slow-loading blog by deleting plugins that I wasn’t really using
- Started using a captioning app for Instagram stories (Clipomatic) to be more accessible and also to get more people to watch my stories in which I talk instead of just skipping through.
- Wrote a short Twitter thread about the plastic straw drama, which apparently hit on something that people wanted to hear because I gained ~100 Twitter followers after writing it.
- Joined The Blog Society
I Haven’t Seen Results From
- Updating pages – I’m not too surprised by this, but I had hoped that updating them would make a little bit of difference. At the very least, though, I really needed to update some of those pages.
- Fixing my slow-loading blog – I’m honestly not sure if this is a problem for other people or just for me. (If it takes a while for my blog to load for you, please comment below and tell me that!) Especially because clearing my cache made it load faster.
What I Can Learn This Month
- Writing posts that are needed can really help your blog traffic – Apparently, my post about what to do when a doctor doesn’t believe you/isn’t listening to you was really needed because it has received thousands of hits. I didn’t write it because it’s not something I’ve seen a lot of content about (although I haven’t seen many posts that cover what to do in this situation) but because it was something that I’ve been dealing with recently. I have heard that writing posts that no one is writing about can be helpful for your blog traffic, and I think that that is what happened here.
- 4 blog posts – Success!
- Improve page views – Success!
- 5 blog posts
- Keep page views essentially where they are – Like many bloggers, my traffic often dips during the summer. So I’m aiming to keep my traffic in June about where my traffic in May was.
What have you done to improve your blog traffic?
Like this post? Check out: