There are a variety of reasons why I can’t wait for summer to be over – my bad reaction to the heat, my love of sweaters, etc. – but one of them is definitely because then my blog traffic will improve. Is that weird? Yes?
But just because it’s the summer and my traffic is lower doesn’t mean that I’m going to give up! I still tried to improve site traffic, and I’ll continue to do so in August. After you read what my statistics were for July, make sure you check out what I tried! Happy blogging!
Unique Pageviews: 9669 (-4.8% from June, +65.2% from last year)
Bounce Rate: 15.92% (-3% from June, +28.2% from last year)
Sessions: 4661 (+3.9% from June, +38.7% from last year)
Users: 4038 (+7.1% from June, +40.5% from last year)
Bloglovin: 1844 (+0.3% from June, +5.3% from last year)
Email Subscribers: 485 (+2.9% from June, +79.6% from last year)
Facebook: 1023 (-0.4% from June, +8% from last year)
Twitter: 3326 (+0.5% from June, +11.8% from last year)
Instagram: 2668 (-0.4% from June, +5.3% from last year)
Google+: 248 (+0.4% from June, +12.7% from last year)
Pinterest: 6286 (+2.2% from June, +23% from last year)
Tumblr: 3875 (+0.2% from June, +2% from last year)
- Loving Someone with Chronic Pain
- What To Do in Boston This Summer
- Hacks for Living with Chronic Conditions
- How Do Adults Celebrate Their Birthday?
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Received My Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosis
- How To Pack for a Summer Trip
- A Weekend in Boston
- Accepting Your Body with Chronic Illness
- 10 Simple Self Care Methods That Will Improve Your Life
- 40 Blog Post Ideas
Top Sources of Traffic
- Pinterest (39.17%): I am shocked at how much this is down this month! In June, over 60% of my traffic came from Pinterest. I don’t really know what there was this sudden drop-off. Maybe people are spending less time on social media as well as on blogs since it’s the summer? I really have no idea.
- Google (8.99%): I try to have at least 1 post a week include an SEO term, so I’m glad that it works at least a little.
- Facebook (3.29%): Given that I’m in multiple blogging Facebook groups in addition to having my own page, I’m not surprised by this.
- Twitter (1.39%): Twitter is my favorite platform, so I’m glad that it is bringing in some traffic.
This does not include direct traffic.
What I Did
- How I promote my blog posts
- Big thing this month: writing posts no one else is writing
I Haven’t Seen Results From
- Writing posts no one else is writing – There are a variety of reasons this may not have worked. One, maybe people just weren’t interested in the posts I wrote. Two, maybe people just aren’t reading blogs a lot in July, which was the case for me in June due to the summer. Three, maybe this just doesn’t help people. I’m not entirely sure if one of these things is the reason or if all three of them contributed.
What I Can Learn This Month
- If you don’t actively work to grow your traffic, you might not grow your traffic. And if you do, it might not be a lot. I’ve been swamped with work, starting physical therapy, and more, so I didn’t have much time to work on growing my traffic. And it showed in my traffic report!
- 8-10 posts – Success!
- Grow pageviews – I didn’t succeed, but I’m okay with it because my traffic grew a lot in the last 2 weeks. It was on its way to being much lower than it ended up being, and then it turned around. Maybe that will continue, maybe it won’t.
- Grow social media – Kinda? It depends on which network.
- 8-10 posts
- Grow pageviews
- Grow social media
What trick should I try next to improve site traffic?
Like this post? Check out: