I feel like I say this every month, but it shocks me that we are already over a week into August. What?! This month is going to be very busy for me personally, so there will be fewer blog posts than usual, but obviously there’s still my July blog traffic report post. I hope you enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Kate the (Almost) Great!
Google Analytics Statistics
Pageviews: 13637 (+0.4% from June, +41% from last year)
Bounce Rate: 17.61% (+3.3% from June, +10.6% from last year)
Sessions: 6395 (-3% from June, +37.2% from last year)
Users: 5395 (-3% from June, +33.6% from last year)
Bloglovin: 1791 (0% from June, -3% from last year)
Email Subscribers: 690 (+1.7% from June, +42.2% from last year)
Pageviews: 86618 (+16.5% from June)
Sessions: 28673 (+20.7% from June)
Users: 1843 (+15.6% from June)
Facebook: 1075 (+0.8% from June, +5% from last year)
Twitter: 3631 (+2.5% from June, +9.1% from last year)
Instagram: 2686 (+2.3% from June, +0.6% from last year)
Pinterest: 8595 (+1.9% from June, +36.7% from last year)
Tumblr: 3950 (+0.4% from June, +1.9% from last year)
- POTS and Heat Intolerance
- What Does Endometriosis Feel Like?
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Received My Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosis
- Fun Things To Do in Boston: A 3-Day Guide
- What Every POTS Syndrome Patient Needs in the Summer
- Loving Someone with Chronic Pain
- Accepting Your Body with Chronic Illness
- My Biggest Fear Realized
- Chronically Ill Tips: What To Do When a Doctor Isn’t Listening To You
- What To Do in Boston This Summer
Top Sources of Traffic
- Pinterest (68.47%) – Ever since I started treating Pinterest as a search engine (because it is!), a huge chunk of my blog traffic has come from it. And this month is no exception! I use Tailwind, Tailwind Tribes, Pinterest group boards, and more, and it pays off.
- Search Engines (6.72%) – Just like Pinterest brings me traffic because I treat it like a search engine, actual search engines bring me traffic! I try to use SEO in 3/4 of my blog posts.
- Twitter (6.02%) – This is actually a surprise! I love Twitter, and I promote the heck out of my blog posts, but last month, Twitter brought in 2% of my blog traffic. I don’t really know what led to this increase, but I’m okay with it!
- Facebook (5.52%) – I’m a member of multiple Facebook groups for bloggers, and that, in addition to my Facebook page, definitely helps me get traffic.
This does not include direct traffic.
What I did
- How I promote my blog posts
- Big thing: updating the automatic emails for my newsletter
- Set up more Tailwind SmartLoops (you can read more about what they are and how to use them here)
I Haven’t Seen Results From
- Updating the automatic emails – I’m not saying that this doesn’t work, but it hasn’t made a difference. Essentially, the goal was to get more people to view the blog when they read these emails from signing up. I updated the subject lines and the emails themselves.
What I Can Learn This Month
- While having automatic emails filled with things designed to bring blog traffic can be helpful, I can’t rely on them for blog traffic.
- 6 blog posts – Success! I published 7.
- Keep blog traffic essentially where it is – Success!
- 4 blog posts – This is lower than July because of what I have going on in my life. Due to my busy family weekend last weekend, this is the only post this week, and next week will only have one as well because of another weekend trip. Additionally, I have a couple of weeks towards the end of the month that are full of medical appointments.
- Keep blog traffic essentially where it is – I’m keeping this goal because of my busy personal life this month.
What have you tried to grow your blog traffic?
Like this post? Check out: