Happy Friday! I hope you are enjoying your long weekend. Two exciting things in today’s post. One is exciting for me, and the other is exciting for you! So, if you don’t want to read all the Liebster stuff, skip down the bottom for
Gi from Trials and Tribulations of a Fat Girl nominated me for a Liebster Award! How wonderful!
I have to:
1) Link back to the blog that nominated me
2) Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3) Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4) Share 11 random facts about yourself
5) Create 11 questions for your nominees
6) Contact your nominees and let them know that you nominated them
2) Megan from Barefoot Bluejean Princess
11 Random Facts About Me:
1) I spent the majority of my life with music. I played the violin since age 6, flute since age 10, viola since age 12, and I was singing forever and ever.
2) My favorite colors are pink and yellow.
3) I can’t eat gluten, dairy, and hydrogenated oils. And cranberries.
4) I grew up with dogs and cats and love both. I can’t choose between them!
5) Right now, we have Gus (5-year-old Bernese mountain dog), Piper (1-year-old cavalier King Charles spaniel), and Abby (12-year-old domestic cat).
6) Apple crisp is my all-time favorite dessert.
7) I’m named for each of my grandmothers – Kathleen for my maternal, Brenda for my paternal – and my full name, including last name, is Gaelic for “Pure Little Princess.”
8) I listen to everything from Top 40 to country, opera to rap, showtunes to folk.
9) I’m a Disney Princess.
10) My favorite movies are The Italian Job, The Count of Monte Cristo, 27 Dresses, and Legally Blonde.
11) I’m Catholic.
Questions from Gi:
1) What is your favorite thing to blog about?
Cooking and crafting.
2) What are your plans for summer?
I’m just enjoying my time off! Preparing for my first year of teaching, resting, and getting my infusions.
3) What is your favorite lame dance move?
The grocery cart. Duh.
4) Did you find it hard to start blogging?
Nope. Not at all.
5) What is your favorite childhood memory?
I don’t necessarily have just 1. I just have fond memories of hanging out at the lake and playing in the woods and burning stuff.
6) What is your favorite workout?
Yoga, for sure.
7) If you could live off one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Carrots and hummus for sure.
8) What is your favorite quote and why?
Mother Teresa’s “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” Treat every opportunity to spread love, not just the big ones.
9) What are currently listening to?
Some random commercial on TV.
10) Where are you right now at this very second?
At the dining room table in the parents’ house.
11) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Umm I really don’t know. I’m not all that crazy.
My Questions For My Nominees:
1) What is your favorite piece of jewelry and why?
2) Is your style trendy or classic?
3) Country or city?
4) Do you believe in alternative medicine (acupuncture, chiropractor, etc.)?
5) Do you have any pets? What kinds?
6) Who is your role model?
7) If you could pass one thing on to the next generation, what would it be and why?
8) Do you like history? What kind (American, British, royalty, etc.)?
9) What is the last book that you read?
10) Have you ever traveled outside of the country? Where to?
11) What is your favorite dessert? Why?
THANKS FOR GETTING THROUGH THAT!