Hello, friends! Long time no blog. I took a little break due to a variety of reasons – which I’ll actually get into later in this post – so this is my first post in a few weeks. But it was a much-needed break, and I’m probably going to continue to blog on a lighter schedule for a little while. At least until my personal life calms down a bit, any way! But let’s get into the blog traffic report.
All blog traffic reports | This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Kate the (Almost) Great!
Blog Traffic Report Statistics
Google Analytics Statistics
Pageviews: 13719 (+39.19% from February, -5.2% from last year)
Bounce Rate: 29.97% (-3.1% from February, +167% from last year)
Sessions: 6002 (+28.44% from February, -12% from last year)
Users: 5239 (+25.24% from February, -7% from last year)
Email Subscribers: 675 (+4.65% from February, +71.3% from last year)
Pageviews: 54336 (-17% from February)
Sessions: 24012 (-22% from February)
Users: 1134 (-17% from February, from last year)
Facebook: 1053 (+0.38% from February, +3.8% from last year)
Twitter: 3335 (+0.12% from February, +3.37% from last year)
Instagram: 2593 (+0.27% from February, -2% from last year)
Pinterest: 7965 (+2.94% from February, +36% from last year)
Tumblr: 3919 (+0.15% from February, +1.6% from last year)
Top Sources of Traffic
- Pinterest (63.27%): This is actually down a bit, but I’m not too surprised because I didn’t have as many blog posts in March as normal and I also didn’t spend as much time on Pinterest as normal.
- Search engines (5.45%): This is higher than February, which makes me happy!
- Facebook (3.07%): I’d like this to be higher because of how much time I spend on Facebook groups, but I’m okay with it!
- Twitter (0.81%): This is another one that I would like to be higher because I spend so much time on it, but each tweet has such a short life that it makes sense.
This does not include direct traffic.
What I Did
- How I promote my blog posts
- I had technological and personal problems, so I posted less – If you’re a newsletter subscriber, you know that I had a tough March. 1) I had technological problems with this blog in which I couldn’t save or publish posts or pages. 2) My grandfather took a turn for the worse and died at the end of March. These two things meant I took some time off of the blog and posted less on social media. I spent a week and a half in Maine, which was good, but also took up a lot of time obviously.
- Featured in the InfluenceHer Collective newsletter
- Updated the hashtags I use in my Instagram posts
- Accepted to HealtheVoices 2019 and posted about that online
I Haven’t Seen Results From
- Updating my hashtags, although I also haven’t posted on Instagram as normal the last few weeks.
What I Can Learn This Month
- Having a back log of posts can keep up your traffic even if you take some time off – My traffic grew this month because I’ve written so many blog posts before and they’re off on Pinterest and the Internet at large. One or two posts in particular didn’t quite go viral, but they took off, and I hadn’t promoted them recently. Additionally, I promoted previous blog posts on Twitter and Facebook, which definitely helped. That is something that I would advise a lot of bloggers to do: share your old posts.
- Improve pageviews – Success!
- 5,000 users – Success!
- 6-10 posts – Not a success, but it happens
- Improve pageviews
- 4 posts
What are different ways you have grown your blog traffic?
Like this post? Check out:
Are You Plagiarizing on Your Blog? How You Might Be + Why It’s Bad, 8 Ways To Blog Better, My Proven Method for Blogging with Limited Time, Tips for New Bloggers, How Blog Traffic Reports Can Get Traffic to Your Blog