All in all, I’m pretty happy with my November traffic. It didn’t change much from October, but I had several guest posts because of my infusion, I had my infusion, I felt horrendous for at least half the month, there was Thanksgiving, and I’m in the middle of finals. So it definitely could have been better, but I kind of expected it to drop due to everything I had going on. And plus, in the middle of the month, I had over 5,000 page views (middle of October to middle of November). But let’s get to the statistics, what I did, and what worked so we can work on getting more blog traffic together.
Current Stats (December 1)
Unique Pageviews: 4502 (+19% from the start, -2.1% from October)
Bounce Rate: 83.08% (-0.8% from the start, +0.1% from October)
Sessions: 3185 (+13.3% from the start, -4.2% from October)
Users: 2614 (+35.8% from the start, -9.6% from October)
Bloglovin: 1556 (+15.6% from the start, +4.5% from October)
Email Subscribers: 75 (started at 0, +29.3% from October)
Facebook: 747 (+24% from the start, +1.6% from October)
Twitter: 1908 (+23% from the start, 5.4% from October)
Instagram: 973 (+142% from the start, +8.1% from October)
Google+: 136 (+61.9% from the start, +2.3% from October)
Pinterest: 1850 (+102% from the start, +9.8% from October)
Tumblr: 3417 (+1% from October)
- 40 Blog Post Ideas
- Navigating the Holidays with a Chronic Illness
- On Plagiarism in Blogging
- A Life Update
- October Blogging Traffic Report
- How To Save Spoons When Cooking
- Holiday Card Grammar
- Gift Guide: Monogrammed
- Why You Should Be a Global Citizen
- The 8 Things a Millennial with Arthritis Wants You To Know
What I Did:
- How I promote my blog posts
- Added rich pins
- Changed my Pinterest strategy
- Updated About page
- Changed permalink structure for SEO
- Edited CSS so links are underlined
- Started scheduling more social shares
- Made my Snapchat public and started to use it to promote blog posts
- Using my Instagram to promote blog posts
- Started to use social media more purposefully, even non-scheduled posts
- Wrote more shareable posts
- Facebook ad that actually when through and stayed published
- Promoted Pin
- Sponsored Venus Trapped in Mars and Rhyme & Ribbons
- Giveaway with Letters from Rita and giveaway led by Helene in Between ($130 to Starbucks and it’s still going, by the way!)
- Made sure that all links are opening in new pages
- Many more things that I learned from Helene’s Quit Your Job To Blog course. Because she charges for the course, I will not share the specific things I did that I learned from her. That wouldn’t be fair to her or to anyone else who has paid for the course.
- What I did from the Quit Your Job To Blog course
- Adjusted social media strategies
- Facebook ad and promoted pin
- Writing more shareable posts
I Haven’t Seen Results From:
- Updating my About page – This is the kind of thing that will hopefully keep new readers coming back, but I may not notice that this page is what made them become regular readers.
- Making sure all links open in a new page – Well, I’m attempting to, any way. I installed a plug-in that is supposed to do that, but I don’t know if it’s working. If I can get it working, then hopefully my bounce rate will decrease dramatically.
- Snapchat – A public Snapchat is what all the kids are doing, but since my followers are mostly friends from real life, it may be a while before this helps. (Add me! I’m katebmitchell)
- Keep increasing statistics – I kinda maybe reached this?
- Reach over 2,000 Twitter followers – Nope, but I’m over 1,900, so that’s cool. Follow me if you haven’t already!
- Reach 1,000 Instagram followers – No, but I’m super close! Less than 30 to go! Follow me if you haven’t already.
Plans and Goals:
- 1,000 Instagram followers
- 2,000 Twitter followers
- 5,000 monthly page views
- Decrease bounce rate