As a society, we tend to look forward and constantly think about what’s next. this can be a good thing, but we should also look at what we have already accomplished. This is especially true for those of us with mental illness; my anxiety has me worried about the future when I should appreciate how far I have come.So today I’m sharing my reverse bucket list, aka what I have achieved.
1. Graduated from a Top 20 school (Vanderbilt) in 4 years despite a large number of health issues.
2. Wrote a novel while a high school student and while applying to colleges.
3. Self-published the novel while a college student without letting my grades decreased because of it.
4. Got into graduate school and received a scholarship while living with extreme pain.
5. Taught high school.
6. Lived through depression.
What things have you accomplished?Check out our sponsor!