The big End of Course exam is over, and there are 2 more weeks of teaching left in the school year, followed by a week of exams. Eek! In honor of this, I bring to you a list of things teachers say. Many thanks to my teacher friends who helped me create this list!
1. Will you just sit down?
2. I’m going to count down from 5, and when I get to 1 I need silence.
3. If you can hear my voice, say/do/etc. …
4. That project was due a month ago. You’re turning it in NOW?
5. Lord have mercy.
6. Watch your language.
7. Get down from there!
8. Yes, this is going to be graded.
9. I don’t walk into your house and put my feet on your table.
10. Put your phone away.
11. I need your phone.
12. No, I’m not going to steal your phone. You’re just too distracted by it to hold on to it for the rest of class.
13. I hate technology.
14. I love technology!
15. Where’s your homework?
16. Did you do your homework?
17. I’ll wait.
18. How do you think you’ll get a job acting like this?
19. Acting like that at work will get you fired.
20. Do you want to be fired?
21. Why are you out of dress code?
22. Yes! You’re in dress code for once!
23. I love Pinterest.
24. Did you put your name on it?
25. Whose paper is this?
Any others you think I should add? Comment and let me know!