Happy Monday! My appointment on Thursday got me thinking. Since I have been a regular patient for 13 years, I have learned quite a bit about what to take when you go to a new doctor for the first time. I figured that I might as well share that knowledge!
1. Any and all medical images that might be related (MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, etc.)
2. Results of any resent blood tests you have
3. Medication list and/or actual medications – including natural supplements
4. A list of questions you have for the doctor
5. A clear idea of what you want to get out of the appointment. How else can you define if it is a success or not?
6. Bullet points of your medical history. I know that I’m guilty of forgetting something or jumping around in my history/story because I forgot some detail that is actually relevant.
Anything else that I left off my list?