As you learned Monday, I’ve been going through a bit of a rough time recently. I’m doing my best to make it through – but an AWFUL case of the Monday’s, which was made worse by something I can’t talk about here, did not help – and figured I would share some things that cheer me up when I’m down. As a friend of mine told me, during times like this you need to surround yourself with the things you love.
1. Fresh flowers
|Tulips are my personal favorite|
2. A special drink – This will depend on the person. It might mean a special cocktail for those of you older than 21, it might mean a special drink from Starbucks. Yes, I know that $5-10 for a drink is a lot. But if it’s something you rarely do, it doesn’t make much of a difference, and it can really cheer you up.
3. Buying your favorite foods – Surround yourself with the things you love
4. Listening to your favorite album – Favorite artist or playlist? Play it on repeat. Or even just play your favorite song on repeat if that won’t drive you crazy.
5. Write – Expressing your feelings can be difficult on a good day, and so many people don’t want to burden their friends or loved ones by talking about how they are feeling for a long period of time. Writing your feelings gives you the free reign to say whatever you want however you want. It can be pretty therapeutic.
6. Call a friend – Staying by yourself can be helpful sometimes, but don’t forget to reach out to the people who love you.