One of my favorite parts of the holidays is finding the perfect gift for someone and seeing their face when they open it. But for so many, the gifts they want can’t be placed under a tree. Today I’m talking about the things that I would love to get this year but can’t be bought in a store.
Thank you for supporting Kate the (Almost) Great!)
1. Peace of mind and soul for those who have suffered losses this year, especially the families of those who were killed in some of the horrible terrorist actions across the world. My heart was very heavy to hear of all the children killed in Pakistan this week, especially since to me (a former teacher), each child reminds me of one of mine.
2. Justice for those and their families here in the United States who were injured or killed by police. I have tried multiple times to write a post about how I feel about Ferguson and Eric Garner, but all it comes down to is anger, fear, and disappointment, and I can never quite phrase it to express my feelings correctly.
3. A cure for arthritis, or at least a treatment that works well enough on me so that I can return to working and living independently.
4. An educational system that correctly assesses students’ comprehension without running them into the ground, helps students become productive members of society, and doesn’t push teachers to the brink.
5. Acceptance to grad school, and a way to pay for it without taking out loans.