Today is a very, very special day. It’s my dad’s birthday! (Don’t forget to go enter to win $20 to Sephora!)
10 Reasons Why My Dad is Awesome
(in no particular order)
1. He drove from Maine to Nashville and back, both times unpacking/reloading the moving van. Oh, and that’s a 24-hour drive.
2. He supports me always – but not blindly, and if he initially disagrees with what I think/do, he listens to my reasoning.
3. We have the same sarcastic, dry sense of humor.
4. He has somehow survived to today (not saying his age!) without serious injury, despite run-ins with chainsaws, hunting knives, trees, homemade roller coaster …
5. When I was little, he would work a full, long day at work, and then come home and play Barbies with me and my sister.
6. He loves to watch crime shows (which we all know is a huge passion of mine).
7. He gives back to the community, especially UMaine, where he and my mom met.
8. He has an awesome tie collection and wears fun ones on the regular.
9. He cultivated my love of New England sports.