Time for an update on the blog traffic I had in May. Driving traffic to your blog or website can be difficult if we all work alone; hopefully we can work together and help each other! I’m on a journey to grow my blog to 20,000 monthly views on Google Analytics. Here’s where I was last month.
– Shared posts in Google+ communities
– Participated more in other Facebook groups
– Shared posts on Tumblr, which I hadn’t done in a while
– Didn’t promote my posts as much in May … which you can probably see the affects of in my views. Read about how I promote my posts normally.
– Got the hang of posts to share on Stumbleupon that get more engagement
– Got the hang of which audiences to boost my posts to on Facebook (boosted 2 posts)
– Didn’t promote my sponsorships as much. You wouldn’t think that would affect things, but I get hundreds of views a week to my sponsorship page, and that decreased when I wasn’t promoting it.
– Promoted Pins (promoted 2 pins)
– Getting the hang of which posts are the best for me to share to Stumbleupon. Stumbleupon was my 3rd greatest referrer last month after Pinterest and Google!
– Changing the audience to which I book posts on Facebook. I normally get a couple hundred impressions when I boost posts, but this time I got a couple thousand.
– Participating in more Facebook groups
– I can’t slack on my normal promotions. It makes a hugely negative impact!
– I need to think of which Pins might get me more traction on Pinterest. I know it can be successful, so I just need to figure it out.
– Stumbleupon is a huge possible source of growth! I need to stick with it.
– I need to read more of the things that I have saved on Pinterest. Maybe a great way to boost views is in there!
Sign up for the monthly newsletter! Become one of the greatest people you will ever meet and get a recap of the best blog posts, extra writing tips, and free downloads. I will never give your email address to anyone or use it for any other purpose without your express permission.
var linkwithin_site_id = 1800999;