I’m back from vacation! If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I was in Ireland last week. I got back about a week ago, and I’m back in the swing of things now. Which means that it’s time for the August blog traffic report! In this report, I’m sharing my tips to get more visitors to your blog. I hope it helps you!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Kate the (Almost) Great!
Get More Visitors to Your Blog: Traffic Report
Google Analytics Statistics
Pageviews: 15657 (+14.81% from July, +57.76% from last year)
Bounce Rate: 19.76% (+12.2% from July, +25.69% from last year)
Sessions: 7500 (+17.27% from July, +34.5% from last year)
Users: 6407 (+18.75% from July, +56.65% from last year)
Bloglovin: 1792 (~0% change from July, -3.1% from last year)
Email Subscribers: 716 (+3.76% from July, +45.82% from last year)
Pageviews: 81290 (-6.2% from July)
Sessions: 27687 (-3.5% from July)
Users: 1818 (-1.4% from July)
Facebook: 1074 (-0.1% from July, +4% from last year)
Twitter: 3683 (+1.43% from July, +11.4% from last year)
Instagram: 2742 (+2.08% from July, +3.5% from last year)
Pinterest: 8789 (+2.25% from July, +36.09% from last year)
Tumblr: 3958 (+0.2% from July, +2% from last year)
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Received My Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosis
- What Does Endometriosis Feel Like?
- POTS and Heat Intolerance
- Loving Someone with Chronic Pain
- Accepting Your Body with Chronic Illness
- Fun Things To Do in Boston: A 3-Day Guide
- Chronically Ill Tips: What To Do When a Doctor Isn’t Listening to You
- My Biggest Fear Realized
- The Products I Loved (And Wanted) in Grad School
- How To Take Notes in Class
Top Sources of Traffic
- Pinterest (67.71%) – If you’re not utilizing Pinterest (and Tailwind!), your blog is missing out. Pinterest is a) a social media network and b) a search engine. This double-duty use is amazing for blog traffic.
- Facebook (8.94%) – I’m glad to see this because I’m a member of multiple blogger Facebook groups and I also have my blog Facebook page! This percentage has increased since I added “participate in Facebook groups” to my daily to-do list.
- Search Engines (5.22%) – I try to utilize SEO in at least half of my posts, and it’s nice to see that it has an effect (if only a small one).
- Twitter (1.39%) – I love Twitter, but tweets have *such* a short half-life, that it’s not surprising that this isn’t a bigger number.
This does not include direct traffic.
Get More Visitors to Your Blog:
What I Did
- How I promote my blog posts
- Big thing: make my site more mobile-friendly
- Took time off because of a trip to Maine and a family reunion
- Set up the Revive Old Post plugin again
- Featured in a WEGO Health Follow Friday
I Haven’t Seen Results From
- Getting Revive Old Post plugin set up again
What I Can Learn This Month
- Having your site mobile-friendly will increase your pageviews! Which makes total sense. Lots of people read websites and blogs on their phones or tablets, so your blog needs to be easily viewed on one of those devices in order to reach that particular audience. SWEOR has a whole page about mobile-friendly website statistics. Here are some stand-out stats: 85% of adults think that a company’s website when viewed on a mobile device should be as good or better than its desktop website; 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout are unattractive; 47% of Users expect a maximum of 2 seconds loading time for an average website; and mobile traffic as a share of total global online traffic in 2017 was 52.64%. So how can you figure out if your site or blog is mobile-friendly? One way is that, if you have a smartphone, load your site on your phone. Another way is utilizing Google’s mobile-friendly test at search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly. How do I know that this made a difference? I only had 5 posts go up in August compared to 7 in July, but my blog traffic still went up by nearly 15% and my visits increased by nearly 19%.
- 4 blog posts – Success! I had 5 posts go up.
- Keep traffic essentially where it is – MUCH success! My traffic actually grew.
- 4 blog posts
- 16,000 pageviews
Has making your site more mobile friendly improved your traffic?
Like this post? Check out: